Translate

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Love story of Hosea and Gomer

Today I am going on with Hosea and Gomer's story, only because I am fascinated by Hosea's love for her. I remember a study on Proverbs where the speaker said,"Love remembers only the right things." 

Do we remember only the right things about our spouse,children,family members, friends, neighbors, when we are angry at them? Have we been mad at them for years and never rid ourselves of what we have harbored in our heart against them? Do you even remember why you were mad?

Hosea could have drug out all of the unpleasant things about Gomer, (and there were plenty), but he didn't. Hosea remembered all of the good things.  Hosea had God's love for her and saw her with God's eyes. God doesn't care about the mess we are, He picks us up where we are and starts again. Forgiveness is as close as the mention of His name.

When Gomer's life spiraled out of control, Hosea didn't say I told you so. Gomer was in bondage. She never experienced God's love and she didn't really believe in man's love. She needed a revelation.

That revelation came on the auction block. Hosea bought and paid all that he had for Gomer. Hosea in Chapter 2: verse 14,15 says,

"Behold I will allure her, will bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfort to her. And I will give her her vineyards from there, and the
Valley of Achor as a door of hope;.......

Thought for today, say to yourself, "Today, I choose to forgive__name ."

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! This really spoke to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you sweet girl. I want to go check on Carter sometime this month. How would we do that?

      Delete